Re: Appropriate values for _stksiz?

  Also, where can I find out about the -mbaserel and -mpcrel options to
  GCC?  I'd like to know how they should be used, whether sharable
  programs will run under TOS as well as MiNT, do they run any faster,
  are the programs produced any bigger...  and what other advantages/
  disadvantages there are.

The -mpcrel option is of very little use, it seems to primarily take effect
when pushing string constants for calls to printf & such. The sharable code
produced by the -mbaserel option runs under both TOS and MiNT, although the
text sharing is only done under MiNT. The code is smaller and faster than the
non base-rel code, but currently restricts you to a total DATA+BSS size of 64K,
plus-or-minus some slop. If you have a program that is "too large," you can
try replacing some large arrays with pointers to dynamically allocated arrays
to fit it into the size restriction.
  -- Howard