SLIP/PPP

	This is a little off-topic for the list, but I probably stand the
best chance of getting the question answered here...

Q. For SLIP or PPP what's the best system to go for given:

	4MB STE (with a HD)
	1MB STFM (no HD, just a DDDS floppy)
	2400 modem (Yes, it's slow, but it's the best we can do..)

	We'd like to run both machines off the net through a SLIP or PPP
account that our provider can supply, so that both of us can access the
net simultaneously (Yes, we _are_ aware of the extra lag of routing
multiple sessions through a 2400 link, but our bandwidth requirements are
similarly low)

	Being able to compile the various pieces of client software under
Pure-C would be a plus, as we cannot really spare the HD space to keep
GNU C onboard all the time, and we'd like to customise the clients somewhat.

	Lastly, by preference, something that will support a full 80 by
25 screen display (which MULTITOS won't, but mint under say TCSH would).
Oncly colour displays here, folks. Mono monitors are worth easily double
the cost of a colour, even if you _can_ find someone willing to sell you one.

	Any assistance or advice would be appreciated. You can avoid
spamming the mailing list by emailing answers to the address below.