Re: SLIP slidin' away...

Chris, did you have success inbetween conecting to the Linux box?

> >4) Line speed, start/stop bits is setup correcly I assume.
>
> Yup, no problems there.

Well, since the 'ifconfig' output looks ok to me, I suspect the problem
here. Could you please send me the output of 'stty < /dev/modem'
and what 'route' says?

> >5) No other programs are running on the serial port concurrenly (like getty)?
>
> Nothing at my end; on the Linux box, I'm using uugetty, and AFAIK it
> disappears when you log on.  If something was running on that end, it'd
> get some garbage back at least, wouldn't I?  My receive-data light
> doesn't flicker at all...
>
> >6) Is the slip interface up, ie shows 'ifconfig sl0' something like:
> >	% ifconfig sl0
> >	sl0:	flags=0x??<UP,POINTOPOINT,RUINNING>
> >		link-level-flags=0x??
> >		addr 100.0.0.1 dstaddr 100.1.0.1 netmask 100.255.255.255
> >		metric 0 mtu ???
> >		out-packets  0 out-errors 0 collsions 0
> >		in-packets   0 in-errors  0
> >	%
>
> Yup.  I wonder if my netmask is set wrong, though.

The netmask is set to the default class A,B or C netmask of your IP address,
that should be correct in most cases, ie needs no hand fixing...

Must be a real strange thing that is bothering you...

Kay.
--
Kay Roemer              roemer@informatik.uni-frankfurt.de
"If I ever meet ..."    http://www.uni-frankfurt.de/~roemer/