Re: problem with MiNT 1.12

>I have a problem with MiNT, at least with the distributed version 1.12.
>Since yesterday I own a PAK-card for my Mega ST with 4MB Fast RAM.
>(The PAK is a German card which replaces the cpu by a faster one;
>in my case with a 68030/68882). The PAK alone worked fine but after
>adding the Fast RAM MiNT crashes with 4 bombs when I try to start it.
>Older version of MiNT (I tried 0.96 and 1.09) work, although MiNT
>thinks I have a TT (there exist devices /dev/modem[12] for example).
>I think that the problem lies in this area.

I have no idea how memory etc. is configured on Atari computers, but in the
course of making the Macintosh version of MiNT compatible with virtual
memory, I discovered that the xbra_install routine flushes only the cache
lines specific to the changed memory.  This is fine except that the cache
flushing is for physical addresses.  If the MMU is set up to translate
logical address into different area, the cache flushing may not be correct
- cometimes causing bombs on start up.

Don't know if this helps, but I thought you'd like to know.

harry eaton