Re: 1.12h2 without -DMULTITOS hangs MultiTOS AES

>>Bjarne Pohlers writes:
>>
>>> By the way, Has anyone got an idea how to run Multitos AES with a
>>> diffrent userid than root? Currently it fails because it cannot amke
>>> devices in /dev...
>>
>> Hmm, can't you just put it on a MinixFS partition and run it setuid-root?
>>

>I've been playing with exactly the same problem last night and as yet no
>solution.  Even doing setuid-root doesn't seem to work but then this was
>very late and I was really tired.  Could be wrong.  Funnily enough
>when I ran gem.sys from a login tcsh it seemed to work under any uid.
>It's only if I try to set up a user 'gem' with gem.sys as the shell that
>I get the device problems... It seems to run MultiTOS in the old SLOOOW
>way when it can't create the devices.
>I'll be having another play with it tonight.  See what happens with a
>fresh start...

Can anyone tell me what these devices are,  I dont seem to get any and what
do you mean by: It seems to run MultiTOS in the old SLOOOW?

I received my gem.sys when I bought my Falcon about 18 months ago (straight
from Atari UK). Have I got an old slow version??  If so can anyone tell me
how to get the newer, faster version.

Andrew Colvin