Re: Bug in Gcc 2.5.8

On Mon, 21 Nov 1994, Ulrich Kuehn wrote:

> Hello!
>

> |>Instructions with an address register as the destination *never*
> |>change the condition register.
> |>
> Indeed, I just checked again the literature. Sorry!
> But then, where is the problem with proc.c? This was basically the
> difference between the 2.3.3 and 2.5.8 version of the assembler
> output.... I have both here, so if anyone is interested, just let
> me know.

I thought that 'addq', and 'adda' were two separate instructions.
I agree that 'adda' (usually any 'add? xxx,An') doesn't change the flags,
but as far as I know the 'addq' instruction does.
I may be wrong, but I'd like to see that section where it says so.

I would also like to see the to different outputs, please!

Stefan