meeting the license

> 2.  Eric has requested to use a different name than "MiNT" for
>     enhanced versions of MiNT.

 Wouldn't it be sufficient to use a prefix or suffix to MiNT?

 Like MH-MiNT, or MiNT-MH...

>     I'll probably switch to a "ChangeLog"-like file which also
>     mentiones the date of changes (the current README.1ST doesn't do
>     that).

 To keep a better track about what's `original' I'd suggest to write a
`changes.MH-MiNT' file which would begin like:

 This is Michael Hohmuths version of MiNT, based on the Original 1.12 with
the following changes: (...)

>     Another option would be to use an RCS $Log$ tag in each file so
>     that the log of changes would automatically be updated when the
>     file is checked in.

 Pity I don't have it. :(

ciao,
TeSche