Re: MiNT vs GNU configure

Christian Lynbech <lynbech@daimi.aau.dk> writes:

|Chris> Looking in configure, config.status is written with a statement
|Chris> that pulls lines from configure up to a EOF line, which is a
|Chris> fair number of lines down.  Is bash (and /bin/sh) halting
|Chris> because there's a buffer that's too small?  The bash that's
|Chris> working on configure is set to 'Wait' if I check with top, but
|Chris> it never wakes up.

|> It sounds very much like the dreaded blocking fork problem.

I don't think so.  `Here documents' don't use subprocesses, and it
works for me with bash-1.14.2.  Maybe it's a stack overflow?  (20k
should be enough.)  But there *is* a problem with blocking fork in
newer configures, when config.cache gets written out.  The output of
the builtin command set is piped into another command, which is a
no-no under MiNT.  When rewritten using files it works.

Andreas.

--
Andreas Schwab                                      "And now for something
schwab@issan.informatik.uni-dortmund.de              completely different"