Re: 2 new calls

> Julian Reschke <reschke@GOEDEL.UNI-MUENSTER.DE> writes:
>
> |> Hi,
> |> I'm currently adding the system calls Dreadlabel and Dwritelabel (they do
> |> what the readlabel and writelabel filesystem calls do); I use the opcodes
> |> 0x152 and 0x153. Please don't use those for other things.
>
> Are these really needed??  We already have Fsfirst("*.*", 8) and
> Fcreate ("label", 8).  The volume label is really only supported by
> tosfs anyway, and IMHO it is obsolete.

You are wrong.

- the filesystem interface has these calls, and they are supported by Atari's
  CDROM-XFS.
- labels may be longer than 8+3 characters (even on ISO level 1 CDs)
- other filesystems have similar concepts, too (Mac HFS)

Julian F. Reschke, Hensenstr. 142, D-48161 Muenster
 eMail: reschke@math.uni-muenster.de jr@ms.maus.de