Re: Pseteuid/Psetegid errors in 1.11h2

Andreas Schwab writes:

> |>  Ok, I don't use 1.11h2, but I've been reported that it causes problems
> |> with ftpd. Reason seems to be that the newer Psetreuid routines just
> |> return 0 in case of no error. Ok, how are they supposed to distinguish
> |> which id to return, but the 'old' Pseteuid always did this. Since ftpd
> |> relies on this, there's a small fix appended, relative to 1.11h2.
>
> This is a bug in ftpd.  sete?[gu]id are defined to return zero if
> successfull.

 Oh, I wasn't refering to unix history, I was refering to MiNT history and
there they didn't return zero but the id which was set. I think your
corrections should go into the mintlib's setuid/setgid, but not into
MiNT's Psetuid/Psetgid as this might break other programs too. But then,
older mintlibs might be some of those programs, so what remains is a
problem...

 Anyway, the ftpd indeed needs some work to be done... :)

ciao,
TeSche
--
Torsten Scherer (Schiller, TeSche...), itschere@techfak.uni-bielefeld.de
Faculty of Technology, University of Bielefeld, Germany, Europe, Earth...