Re: finger, login, etc.

> > 	Secondly, I've noticed that login doesn't want more than 8 characters
> > in a passwd.  I made a longer passwd, but when I log in, the login
> > program drops me into my shell after I type in the first 8 characters.
>
> Hmm, this is a known bug and I *think* it is fixed in 1.4.1.

 But it does *not* cure that everything behind the 8th character gets
discarded. Is there any unix system which supports longer passwords?

ciao,
TeSche
--
Torsten Scherer (Schiller, TeSche...), itschere@techfak.uni-bielefeld.de
Faculty of Technology, University of Bielefeld, Germany, Europe, Earth...