Problems with rc files and Mintos

Since the new Mintos came out, I decided to move my daemons around and bring
my configuration into line with the distribution.  I have also decided to use
the standard rc and rc.local scripts.

Problem is that I get the following message when the script tries to do the
"if [ -f /usr/etc/somedaemond ]" command:

[no file or directory (or PID)

All I can figure is that sh or something is not understanding the path
specification used above.  I get the same errors when I do "sh rc" from the
command line.

I had this error before and had to bypass the scripts and run all my daemons
from mint.cnf using the u:\usr\etc type paths.

How do I get the rc scripts to work correctly?   I assume they work for most
people or I would have seen the complaints before.

Thanks
                                Troy Carpenter
                            Bell-Northern Research
                               Atlanta, Georgia
                                 troyc@bnr.ca

"You're so open minded that your brain leaked out" - Steve Taylor

*>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> The best thing in life costs exactly that <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<*