Re: MiNTlib (I think I'm on pl43): Bug in sprintf().

> > Well, I'm not taking of 30 characters, but about a screen full of them, ie
> > about 80x25=2000! When I use modm0dev which polls at 5 times per second
> > using a separate porcess I get much smaller hunks, about 500.
>
>  thats on a 68000 right?  i guess you just found the `feature' that a
> RAW tty read is slower copying stuff out of the receiver buffer than
> data comes in at 19200 bps...  sounds unbelievable hmm? ;)  well, try this!
> (relative to 10h6)

Your Bios IO / raw tty write / pipe speedup patches are actually a great deal!

1) Serial IO is much faster now, data comes in small hunks.
2) IO to the console is pretty fast. Even with fasttext or vcon
   scrolling upwards is substantially faster.
3) Pty/pipe througput is much higher. Try "rlogin localhost;
   cat /usr/man/cat1/perl.1" with and without the patch and
   you get the difference!

Thanks,
Kay.