More Problems

Hmmm .. MiNT just doesn't like me these days.  I'm wondering if I still
have the patched 1.09 that I was using before since the patched 1.10 is
the pits.

I now have programs crashing and giving a BUS ERROR @ PC=7F4 right after
an Exception 10.   This is insane since I know the program doesn't
use any LineA calls at all!!  <<Unless MiNTLIB uses some>>  I wrote this
so I KNOW it doesn't call LineA, or VDI, or GEM, or anything else.
It dies right on start-up, but ONLY if I use ^C to kill fsck.  If fsck
dies early I get Exception 10 and then a BUS ERROR on some programs.
What does FSCK have to do with LineA ??   Or am I reading this wrong?
When MiNT says exception 10, does it mean exception 16 (is it in hex?)

Also, I think the Mintlib's system() call is screwed up.  My entire
system locks up when I execute it, and I've used gdb to make sure that
it was system (the command line passed seems to run but then the whole
system crashes).  System() gets to _realloc() according to gdb.

BTW, this was the first time gdb worked for me and showed the source
lines and such.  I'm not sure why it refused to work when debugging
TOSWIN (must have something to do with GEM).

Oh ... TOSWIN loses less RAM when I use WINX.  I don't remember exactly
how much less, but it isn't much, but its finally something different.
My guess is that TOSWIN may have some bad pointer math that overwrites
some info at the beginning of the memory block (that MiNT uses to tag the
block of RAM) thus making MiNT think pid 0 (MiNT itself) is the owner.
Is this a possibility?   I was thinking that maybe memory protection may
not catch this either since the application does own the block.  Right?

Anyway, I'm gonna start flipping through TOSWIN's source hoping to find
this as I don't have any other place to look.  As to LineA and some of the
weird crashes and lock-ups that I've been getting with MiNT lately, I
hope someone here looks into these (its above me head, well, most of it
is, well, some of it, I just haven't looked at the source enough to know
it as well as some of you I guess).  As to system() crashing my system(),
hmm ... bad pun wasn't it?  I'll look at that too since I'll need to fix
that one ASAP (or find another way for my terminal to run external commands).