Re: Questions and suggestions

 Thierry Bousch wrote:

> > 6: What about implementing a SysV-style sticky-bit on directories? On
> > SysV, when the sticky bit is set on a directory, you can't delete files
> > in it even if you have write permission on the directory. You must have
> > write permission to the file itself also.
>
> Torsten Scherer has submitted a patch to handle the sticky bit in the
> kernel, but this patch hasn't been integrated into MiNT. It worked,
> anyway... Note that the RAMFS filesystem implements the sticky bit (as
> well as the setgid bit) for directories.

 Oh, I'm very well thinking of doing it again, together with a full
implementation of supplementary groups, but not with the current MiNT
1.10.beta.fix.me.patch.what.you.like... ;-)

 In my view, *half* of the patch has gone into it, introducing the "elm
can't delete its lockfile" problem, but not the other half, curing this
problem... :-(

ciao,
TeSche
--
Torsten Scherer (Schiller, TeSche...)
Faculty of Technology, University of Bielefeld, Germany, Europe, Earth...