Rwabs -36 problems

so that Minixfs used the old update daemon method for
updating the harddisk. because the update daemon has
euid 0 there are no problems with access restrictions.

It would seem that MiNT needs to change to PID 0 when executing timeout
code.  And then change back later.  This doesn't seem like TOO difficult
a fix.

When is 1.11 supposed to come out?   I have 1.10, but I stopped collecting
all the patches and even deleted most of them except a few recent ones
(like the last addroottimeout) since I planned on going straight to 1.11.
It looks like 1.11 may be awhile yet, so would anyone be willing to send
all the patches to 1.10 to me?  Is there an official archivist that collects
patches (there should be, IMHO) ?