Re: GEMDOS re-entrancy

> There is one snag, when talking about GEM (that is AES and VDI). If
> GEM is not reentrant, one process should block GEM while executing a
> GEM function. That is no problem for graphics, it takes the time it
> takes anyway, but dont forget the event loop. The typical GEM program
> will call an event_something and block GEM for a very long time!

Oops, true. But we could get around this by just blocking the AES
when someone calls rsrc_load() or other functions (the clipboard
functions, for example) that cause the disk to be accessed, not
for the other, "mostly harmless" calls...

Claus Brod, MDD, HP Boeblingen         Have you hugged your manager today?