MiNT 1.10 (+various patches) and Minixfs 0.6 pl.10.. Help!!!

Over the weedend I upgraded my system in the following way:-

(1) Hand patched MiNT 1.10 to upgrade the addroottimeout() from MiNT-net 0.3
	to MiNT-net 0.41.
(2) Upgraded my libraries to patchlevel 44.

Both these went fine.

(3) Upgraded from Minixfs 0.6 patchlevel 8 to patchlevel 10 using the
	binary distribution from a.a.

Now I find that I can't compile anything on a Minix partition as I keep on
getting the following error messages generated by Minixfs:-

pid  64 (cc1):minixfs:Rwabs returned -36 sector 5785 drive D:

It not only affects drive D:, which is the second partition on the TT's
internal 48MB SCSI drive but also all the other partitions on my external
drive connected via the ACSI port.

It also doesn't matter which hard disk driver I use (I lie, the ICD driver
causes even more errors).

Hard disk drivers I use are:-

	AHDI v5.00 Dec 03 1991.
	ICD version 5.4.2

On drive D: the sectors which appear all the time when I try to compile
(with GCC 2.3.3) are (in order):-

	 5785
	   69
	   55
	   61
	   75
	   10
	   56
	18462
	18464
	    2
	 8798
	   75
	    8
	   78
	18477
	    2

Before and after this fsck says there is nothing wrong with the partition.

The system I use is:-

	TT030 with 4MB ST-RAM and 4MB TT-RAM as supplied by Atari.
	Seagate ST????N 48MB SCSI drive, as supplied with the machine.
	TOS 3.05
	External Seagate 84MB SCSI drive connected via ICD ACSI adaptor (Third
		Coast Technologies box).

The upshot of all this is that I have an unusable system as I only have one
(very) small TOS partition which I use to boot from.

H E L P ! :-)

Steve

Computer Systems Administrator, Dept. of Earth Sciences, Oxford University.
E-Mail: steve@uk.ac.ox.earth (JANET) steve@earth.ox.ac.uk (Internet).
Tel:- Oxford (0865) 282110 (UK) or +44 865 282110 (International).