Re: Boot-strap Code

> I hate FAT drives, and the only reason I still keep a FAT drive (instead of
> a really small Minix partition will all the compatibility stuff on) is so
> that MiNT can boot from it (and PC-DITTO, but I'll fix that).

What's so wrong with a FAT boot partition? It's fast because it is
seldomly changed and therefore unfragmented (no other file system
would be faster for booting purposes), it's reliable because it
doesn't have dangerous features like write-back caching, and it's
easy to fix in case of problem because of its simple and well-known
structure.

Claus Brod, MDD, HP Boeblingen         Have you hugged your manager today?