Re: mint library fgetc

brad@tazboy.Jpl.Nasa.Gov (Brad Pickering) writes:

|> I have been playing around with Scheme->C under MiNT, trying
|> to track down why it doesn't work the same as under UNIX on
|> the Sun.  If anybody has ported Scheme->C to MiNT, could you
|> let me know.

I don't know about Scheme->C, but Jacal, the scheme to c compiler for
scm, runs strait out of the box.  It is available from any GNU
archive.

|> [...]
|> Below is part of the code for filbuf in the MiNT library.  It looks
|> like the EOF flag is not set if the file has the IODEV flag set.  I
|> don't think this code should care what kind of device it is reading
|> from.  What do you think?

Yes, i think this is a bug. EOF is EOF, whether it comes from a
terminal doesn't matter. If a program wants to continue reading from
the terminal after EOF, it should execute clearerr(f).

Andreas Schwab                                      "And now for something
schwab@ls5.informatik.uni-dortmund.de                completely different"
* Linux/Atari is coming soon, stay tuned * But don't hold your breath... *