Re: sending signals from xdd's

Hello Thierry,

> > Perhaps (as Juergen suggested some time ago) post_sig() should be
> > made available for device drivers through struct kerinfo?
>
> While it would be a Good Thing, it would not solve the problem indicated
> before, i.e. you still need another thread. But it would have the great
> advantage of allowing this thread to execute in kernel mode, so
> addroottimeout() would be usable...

That's exactly the point. But the latter solution wouldn't really hurt
me, because input in MintNet is already processed asynchronously via
addroottimeout(). So I could simply use kerinfo->post_sig() in the
right place to do the job while I had to setup a different thread with
Pexec() and would have perhaps all the problems Stephen has with its
update daemon and Multitos without post_sig().

BTW: Have you thought about a concept for adding line discipline stuff
to your driver? I would really like to avoid implementing serial drivers
into MintNet...

All the best, Kay.