Re: Small patch for MiNT

Ulrich Kuehn writes:
> Hello everybody!
>
> When develloping software, I often noticed after program crashes that
> the output to the console or to the alert pipe was not sufficient to find
> the position of the crash. So I wrote this small patch that gives some
> more information about the program (addresses of the text, data and bss
> segment), so it is even possible to find the crash position in a shared
> text program...

 which reminds me...  is there anything deeper that prevents MiNT from
just writing a core file in these cases?  that would be much more useful
than printing addresses only...  (of course should be configurable and
maybe start up with size limit 0 for those poeple who will never use a
debugger.  but even they could still gzip |uuencode |mail author the
thing when they get crashes the author otherwise cannot track down...)

 am i dreaming again? :)

> Have fun,
> Ulrich
 you too