Re: TOSFS

> My feeling is that the best inode computation would be to use the
> starting sector number of the file as the inode.  But I don't know of
> a way to compute the starting sector number without reading the FAT
> directly.

I have the impression, that the number of the starting cluster of a file
or directory must be stored somewhere by GEMDOS. Maybe there is a hack
possible to get this value out of the DTA? Can somebody at Atari confirm
this? There might be some problems when running Metados, but it would
be nice to have real meaningful inodes on a TOSFS....

Ulrich
--
| Ulrich Kuehn  | Internet:                  | Life is uncertain --  |