Re: Filesystem compatability ... [MINTOS]

[ I put back the MINTOS keyword in the Subject: to make it easier for
  those who are not interested in this discussion to avoid reading it. ]

In <9401151805.AA20851@nyx10.cs.du.edu>, Stephen Henson writes:

> Well runtime support is best added to the program, not the library.

The disadvantage is that one has to rewrite/modify every program each time
the underlying system changes. It is a lot easier to just recompile
everything, linking in the modified libs. Just a dream, I suppose...

>       I'll give a brief example of binary configuration in a while;

It would be best to have a very flexible standard on binary configuration.
Just one configuration program should be needed, instead of each program
having its private config prg. Is that what you have in mind?

Regards,
           Waldi  (walra%moacs11@nl.net)