Re: [MINTOS] looking for data (was: Re: standard paths)

Hi,
> > In c:\etc\host.cnf there are entries like
> > ETCDIR=/dev/u/etc
> > LIBDIR=/dev/u/usr/lib
> > HOSTNAME=<Guess>
> > etc.

the only line that bekongs in host.cnf is the HOSTNAME= one...

> Do you think that /etc/hostconfig (host.cnf) is the right place to store
> the PROGRAMNAME_CNF= lines? I don't think it is, so I suggested to use
> another name.

I think that program's config files should be in the user's home
directories, either as .something files or in a special .Atari
folder... (so that the homedir get's not flooded with dotfiles...)
systemwide config files should be in a general place anyway (in the
lib or etc folders in /su or /usr/local)

    christian