Emulation stuff in the library

Hello everybody!

As the talk about how to emulate useful things in the mintlib and what
things to emulate, I just want to mention that this library should
not be overloaded with stuff that makes it slow.
Example: I am currently writing an NFS server and when I replaced the
library functions for file and directory IO with direct system calls
and got about twice the speed! I think that most of the speed decrease
is due to _unx2dos().

Just my DM 0.02
Ulrich

--
| Ulrich Kuehn  | Internet:                  | Life is uncertain --  |