Re: MiNT goes UNiX, invitation for mailing list (MINTOS)

walra%moacs11@relay.NL.net (Waldi Ravens) writes:

|> Today I looked at a few socalled ports, and noticed that the atari switch
|> was mainly used to:
[...]
|> 2. compromise to the Gemdos filesystem limitations
|>    not necessary for the minix fs, and theoretically there could be a
|>    gemdos.xfs to overcome the gemdos fs limitations

In fact, i have written such a thing, based on _unx2dos in the
GNUlibs.  I have once planned to distribute it, but since we have
MinixFS, there is no need any more, i think.  Anyway, i'm still using
it as a replacement for tosfs in MiNT.

Btw., why not just using __MINT__ as a compiler switch, it is
predefined by the MiNTlibs and independent of the compiler.  For
compiler dependent code we can use atarist for GCC, ??? for PureC, and
so on.

Andreas.