Update-daemon for all FSes

Hello,

I am just thinking about having an update daemon like that for the minix
file system that does an update for all filesystems. As far as I know
does the minix fs one use an dcntl for the each drive the minix fs
controls. The idea is that it could go through all the entries in u:\
that are not symbolic links and use that Dcntl() on them. That way there
would be only one update daemon is the system. And as far as I know is
there up to now no other use of that specific Dcntl() opcode, so there
are no incompatibilities.

Any suggestions? Steven?

Regards,
Ulrich

--
| Ulrich Kuehn  | Internet:                  | Life is uncertain --  |