Re: XATTR structure for BIOS filesystem #2

roemer@informatik.uni-frankfurt.de writes:

> I would prefer such a solution since it allows setting the file-type (for
> instance to S_IFSOCK in MiNT-Net) and the preferred blockize.

The remaining parts of my security feelings tell me that this should
perhaps better be done in an additional Dcntl() call. I think changing
the file type from within the device driver isn't very clean.

Nevertheless, Dcntl()s should really be limited to superuser proggys.

TeSche
==
PS: If the above written looks weird, than that's because it probably IS.
WhoDunnIt: Torsten Scherer (Schiller, TeSche...)
Technical Faculty, University of Bielefeld, Germany (52'5"N 8'35"E)
EMail: itschere@techfak.uni-bielefeld.de / tesche@dave.hrz.uni-bielefeld.de