include file problems

Hello all,

I'm having a nasty problem with the way the MiNTlibs include hierarchy
works. The problem:
When compiling something using 'gcc -I. foo.c', strange things happen
when foo.c includes a file "wait.h" or "compiler.h" . Why? because
"wait.h" usually will include <sys/wait.h>, which in turn does a
#include <wait.h> . At this point the error occurs, because the -I.
option makes gcc include ./wait.h, not /usr/include/wait.h .

I think this problem could happen on any UNIX machine when you have a
file ./stdio.h for example, but people don't usually do that.
I think having all these MiNT specific files in /usr/include is the
wrong thing, they should be in /usr/include/sys or /usr/include/mint.

Am I the only one having this problem? the ./wait.h example is from
cvs, the ./compiler.h example from ncurses.

Bart Schuller                          schuller@dutiws.twi.tudelft.nl