Re: Applying patches to MiNT source

Scott Bigham writes:

> Okay, color me stupid :-}.  I've been trying to apply the patches Eric
> just sent out to the 1.08 sources from a.a, and getting nowhere.  All
> the chunks have a "before" filename of `1.8' -- presumably a directory
> name,

 or a revision number (RCS)...

>  but I haven't been able to convince patch to treat it as such.
> Presumably there's some cmd-line option I'm missing, or I haven't got my
> directories laid out right.

 no i don't think thats the problem, i think patch only ever tries the
`before' filename when it can't find the `after' one...  are you on a
minixfs?  then try UNIXMODE=/cu or if that doesn't help set mfsconf -s.
or use a patch thats linked with mintlibs.

 i.e. i think you've only been bitten by the old `better translate
every filename to uppercase' feature... :-)

 cheers
	Juergen
--
J"urgen Lock / nox@jelal.north.de / UUCP: ..!uunet!unido!uniol!jelal!nox