Environment variables for xfs

Hello,
yesterday I came across a serious problem: I am writing a network file
system, and the specs for SUN NFS say that the timestamps have to be
encoded in the unix style (seconds since 1.1.1970 GMT), so the nfsd
encodes the times with its local timezone, but how do I decode it in
the xfs? One could think of a config file, but a better solution would
be to access environment variables set in mint.cnf. How can that be done?

Regards,
Ulrich

| Ulrich Kuehn  | Internet:                  | Do they know that they  |
| Cand.Math.Inf | kuhnu@math.uni-muenster.de | cannot eat their money? |