FUTIME/FTRUNCATE ...

Few quick points ...

Are FUTIME/FTRUNCATE 'official'? If so my filesys.h and docs are out of date.

Is the value of 'arg' for FTRUNCATE a pointer to the new filesize or the size
itself?

If the new size in FTRUNCATE is bigger than the current size should the file
be lengthened (and thus sparse)?

The Unix manual pages I've read suggest two different sets of privs needed for
futime() (which is essentially Fcntl+FUTIME). If utimbuf is NULL then only write
access (or file open for writing) is needed. If it is non-NULL then you must be
the file owner. This makes the mntlib handling of this function erroneous;
I would recommend that the NULL is passed unchanged to the filesystem and
let it handle things.

Steve.