Re: MiNT-1.07 mediach() patch

Hi,
I think that this patch is not a good idea, because if an extended file
system tells mint via _drvbits that there is a new drive, it should support
an rwabs, getbpb and mediach function which returns the proper values
when called with the new drive. At least this is what Eric told me.
(Please look at the minix fs sources to see what I mean)
BTW: I am working on a way to install an XFS without installing a new
drive simply by doing a Dcntl() on drive u:, but that has to be discussed
with Eric, so we have to wait for him.

Regards,
Ulrich

| Ulrich Kuehn  | Internet:                  | Do they know that they  |
| Cand.Math.Inf | kuhnu@math.uni-muenster.de | cannot eat their money? |