Re: Fast serial (was: misc kernel patches... (mostly tty stuff))

>  ok!  but that still requires changes in MiNT.  for example currently it
> seems a 1K tty read gets _always_ translated into 1000 device reads of
> each one char, that just cant be fast no matter how good the driver is...

I think this problem can appear when you use getc() and don't include
<stdio.h>.  If you don't, you will be using the C library function, that
does it byte by byte, but <stdio.h> contains a macro for it that uses
a buffer...  This is from experience with UNIX, not MiNT though.
Might be worth a look. ;-)

Stig