Re: tcsh 6.03, BSD sh, mntlib

> Hi all,
>
> I have a port of tcsh 6.03 ready, and I'll upload it when the next mntlib PL
> comes out.  Please mail me if you want a pre-test copy.
>
> I also have a port of the BSD Bourne Shell that actually works (I have
> piped a few quite complex scripts thru it, and it worked).  (Mail me for
> a copy, and tell me whether you want a binary or a source distribution.)
>
> I have thought about distributing a (working) Bourne sh binary with
> mntlib and fixing mntlib's system() to use that one (if MiNT is active).
> Comments?  (entropy?)
>
> Michael
> --
> Internet: hohmuth@freia.inf.tu-dresden.de

Hi Michael,

- please send me the shells
- I thought about fixing system() too (read the mintdocs),
  but entropy is against this until everyone has a /bin/sh.
  Similar thoughts about popen(), which doesn't use the /bin/sh
  by default. Personally, I always use my own version of the
  mintlibs with a patched system() (and getopt(), and statfs, etc...)

Bye, Hildo