Re: binding proposal (1st attempt)

> Proposal for new TOS and GEM header files
>
> [...]

I like Julian's idea of defining an environment-independent way to
declare system calls and structures. Several schemes to do this have
been developed so far; I do think that we need standardization here.

Julian's proposal has in advance that it will not conflict with any
other scheme that already exists, so backwards compatibelity for older
applications (that use one specific library) is guaranteed.

I would be willing to help in defining what each of the new headers have
to declare, but only if Atari blessed the project; if not, it would be
useless to define that new "standard" because nobody would use it. I
think it would be impossible to convince all library implementors
(Lattice, Pure, HSC/Sozobon/dLibs, GCC-toslib, mntlib, ...) to use the new
scheme.

Michael
--
Internet: hohmuth@freia.inf.tu-dresden.de