RE: libraries

thank julian,
	point well taken, and certainly we should be headed in that
direction. Gcc Tos/miNT of course are totally re-coinciled as far as the
headers go. i suspect that TCC compatibility should not be such a big deal,
and would involve maybe a few more symbols in <compiler.h> ( i am assuming
that TCC already had all the ansi C headers as we have in gcc libs, and that
the two are almost totally compatible, and what we need to recoincile are
various tos specific things. i have never seen the TCC headers so i  may be
ttoally wrong). in any case, since i dont have TCC, nor do i have any
intentions of buying it, some ones going to have to volunteer.

> (1) setmode

	no problem here. in case you need a solution before we add it to
the libs:
	(file)->_flag |= _IOBIN;

> entroy wrote in his mail concerning library PL26:
> Here we go. Most of my text editors use CR/LF. Probably all GEM programs.

	i think you misunderstood: what he was suggesting was that the
diffs he send will not contain CR's. the files you maintain stiff can
contain either style, it does not matter. (hint: "patch -l" will handle both
styles). also see bill shrokas dos-mode.el if you use emacs on both the St
and Unix ends, it helps.

>     this is what Pure does). In particular, I don't understand why
>     the MiNT libs use _DTA instead of DTA and so on.

	Ansi defines name spaces.

> All the other library stuff should be defined clear enough by ANSI (C)
> or POSIX 1003.1. Of course, I am willing to do a part of the job.

	we made a pass a long time ago to get most ansi equvalent files as
close to the standard as possible, but i agree we need to do a cleanup pass
again, as some files have a tendency to gather crud (unistd.h for instance
has been abused).

cheers,
--
bang:   uunet!cadence!bammi			jwahar r. bammi
domain: bammi@cadence.com